I have finished all of my pre-op appointments and am counting down the days to surgery! People keep asking me if I'm anxoius or scared. No, I'm not. Perhaps it's because I don't have good sense. But I'm just not worried. Now, I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to the pain that is sure to accompany such a surgery, but that will be temporary. And I am looking forward to being 2/3 of the way through treatment! This is a good thing and I am thankful for it! It is a life saving surgery and I am thrilled to be able to have it taken care of!
I had to have a COVID test during my last pre-op appointment. Let me tell you, that isn't fun! Zowie! The sweet nurse, who is dressed in full gear with a plastic face mask and all , takes a fairly long "swab" and runs it clear up your nose and into your sinuses. Once up and in something similar to the hokey pokey happens, go right spin swab left then switch. OY! I was tearing up by the end. But it is done now. YAY!
The very best news is this: I got the results back from the MRI. The words. "complete response to treatment" appear on the written results! This means there is no cancer currently living in my body! This is a much better outcome than any of us hoped for going in and I can say with full confidence I am healed! My docotrs are amazed at the results! We will continue with the full treatment plan, thats just wisdom. But I am so relieved and so very, very thankful to go into surgery with this news!
On the way home from the Oncologist office this song, Defender came on the radio. I had to pull off and listen and cry - again. A good friend and fellow worshiper told me early on in this journey that this song kept coming to her mind when she prayed for me. So I listened to it over and over like a promise and began to sing it like a prayer. And after hearing this amazing news, I can sing it with even more truth in my heart! I can plant my feet and sing, "you restore my faith and hope again. And all I did was praise. All I did was worship. All I did was stay still." That is all I did. Take a listen. I truly love this song! You will too! ( Also, I want to be able to sing like her! (: Life goals! Ha!)
So, I head into surgery next week knowing that it has all been worth it and will continue to be worth it! I didn't know how much I needed to hear those words. But when I did hear them I felt like I had taken my first deep breath in months. Thank you Jesus! Words like "lymph nodes have fully normalized" will put some wind back in your sails for sure!
I hope that this encourages you. Wherever you are, whatever is happening, find a reason to be thankful. Find a reason for hope. Find a reason to sing! I know our world is crazy right now, but there is always something to be thankful for or hopeful about. Look for those things!
I look forward to updating you in a few weeks on how surgery has gone!
Happy Summer Y'all!
Many many blessings
Hi my sweet daughter. I didn't know the results of the latest (Lymph nodes) MRI. Good news for sure. Your healing will be complete by Christmas I'm sure. Holy Spirit and healing Angels are with you always!! And many more have been sent to do their job and to commiserate with yours. It is awesome!!! So excited to see the end result...... Much love from your daddy!!
ReplyDeleteDaddy, you did know! I called you first! (: The MRI showed the normalized lymph nodes. I thnk we are all just so overwhelmed by all of it! Love you! So much! See you soon.
Delete