Sunday, February 23, 2020

Yep! I'm bald....and other things.

Friday night my hair all finally came out.  After a very emotional lead up to shaving my head I quickly settled in to acceptance.  It's really not so bad.  Just COLD!  Yowza!  I really don't know how Mark and my brother (both of whom shave their heads regualarly) do it!  They don't wear fancy scarves or anything! 

I have started wearing scarves or skull caps most of the time now.  And I'm rocking some pretty fancy earrings as well.  And I never forget my lipstick if I'm leaving the house. The "getting ready" process is much shorter now, something I deeply appreciate! 
Update on the nausea: I am finally feeling better!  I lost 11 lbs in 14 days which (even if you're plus sized) isn't a good thing when undergoing chemo.  My Doctor put me on a more regimetnted schedule of anti nausea meds and my sweet hubby brought me some Gingerale and miraculously, I wanted to eat!  Thank you to all who have been bringing us meals or sending gift cards for meals!  It just makes life a bit more simple for us and we deeply appreciate all of it! 

I have been away from work for 3 weeks now.  My students are going on a field trip tomorrow.  My very favorite field trip of all time!  And I won't experience it with them.  I won't lie, I have shed a few tears over that!  I miss my work.  My students, their parents and caregivesr, my amazing co-workers, my bosses...everyone.  I miss it.  Which sucks!  But then I remember that I am lucky enough to have a job that I love so much.  I work in a place where I get to do what I love in the way I think best to do it with other likeminded professionals.  Good stuff!  So, one more reason to fight this nasty fight and get back in there!  SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE DCP PEEPS!   Much love!
I also have not been to church in several weeks.  I don't think I could be in the building and not give or recieve hugs, and I just cannot risk illness. So, I listen online to Jeremy and other pastors.  I miss Y'all!  I love Y'all!  I'll see you so soon!

Befor my last infusion the oncologist measured the tumors.  They are shrinking!  He said they would.  I believed they would.  I just didn't realize the results would come so quickly.  I am so thainkful!  All of this is much easier to manage knowing that it is doing what it is supposed to do in my body!  With the help of Chemo and Jesus I am bigger and stronger than cancer!  And with my bald head I look so tough!  (Ha!)  But really, it is working.  I am thankful and blessed.  I can do all things through Christ who gives me strenght.  All things.  Even this really sucky thing!

  The dreaded MRI has finally been rescheduled.  This Wednesday at 10 am.  I keep telling myself an open MRI will be fine.  The website says a loved one can come in and hold my hand if I am scared.  Poor Mark is on deck for hand holding while I freak the heck out.  I'll keep you posted on this fun event!

Infusion #3 on the 28th.  With only 8 treatments I am almost half way there! 

When you are here.   I love this song!  Have loved it for years.  "Our eyes are fixed upon your face.  Our hearts cry out come and have your way."  I just ask him every day to show me his face.  I can step if I can see his face.  Freedom reigns and healing comes!  What a blessing it is! 

Mark and I and the kids have been so humbled and blessed by everyone who has reached out with words of encouragement, a product they think may be helpful in our situation, meals, boxes of cheerios, bottles of lotion, jars of pasta sauce and the hundred other things that have been delivered to us.  Thank you so much for caring for me and my family in all of these ways.  Thank you for your prayers.  Thank you for you love.  We are blessed and humbled and forever grateful!  We hope to be able to repay it in kind one day!

Until next time, so much love, grace and peace!


5 comments:

  1. You are always in our prayers, sweet girl. You are truly amazing. Love you, Mark and the kids. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers! Love you and Jack much. xo

      Delete
  2. Praying for you dear. For healing and a closeness to Jesus that is beyond anything you have ever experienced before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rexy! Love you. You and Andrea have been in my heart and thoughts a lot in the last week or two. Miss you both!
    Hug her for me and have her hug you back! (:
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m in awe as you journal and share. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me “ is one of my favorite verses. You are brave and walking in this one day at a time! I continue to Pray for your journey.

    ReplyDelete