Here we are! April 15, 2020. I am experiencing the strangest time in my life along with the rest of the nation! No one will forget this time. COVID-19 has become very real! I am still blessed to find these days joyful and delightful! (yes, I'm being honest) I am finding joy and comfort in the people in my home. I am finding delight in the coming of spring, sitting out on the back deck, and enjoying looking at flowers on my walks. AND spring snow is just one of my favorite things! This is a time of pressing into God, loving my family hard and working on my home, creating a peaceful place to ride out this storm.
I am two treatments into the "new" chemo drug. I must say, it's not my favorite. For about 10 days after treatment #5 I was in a lot of pain. Nothing gave me relief for days. (And I gave birth naturally, twice. So I have a pretty decent pain tolerance!) Finally I found some CBD products that worked and gave me some relief. Thank heaven! I was quite miserable. I can honestly say I lost heart a couple times and cried at Mark. I'm thankful to be through it and on the other side.
Last Friday I had chemo #6 of 8. And it did not go as smoothly as one would hope. This drug, Taxol, has a huge laundry list of side effects (as all of them do....they are all poison!). The pre-chemo regimen is benadryl and a couple steroids to prep your body for the drug and hopefully cut down on the side effects. The first round of this is usually the most troublesome if you're going to experience trouble. But this second round was the doozy for me. About 8 minutes into the treatment I began to struggle to breathe, felt immense pressure in my chest and sharp pain in my back BUT, the chemo nurses are nothing short of superheroes and quickly set things right! They stopped the infusion, started a saline drip, put me on oxygen and talked to me until I was able to breathe normally again. After an hour on oxygen and off the drug my vitals were good enough to try again. So we did. And it all went well. With a slightly slower drip I was able to finish the infusion and I'm still breathing! YIKES! That was a drag. An odd thought I had as I was trying to stay calm and breathe deep, " Wow! Poison really is an effective way to kill someone!" Well, duh! But to feel that tiny bit of negative reaction in my body really woke me up to things! Calling it a drug is just a way to make it fit in your brain and have your brain accept it as a viable option. It's poison, and it is there to kill everything that crosses its path! And I am so thankful for modern medicine and all they have learned, to use this poison to save my life! treatment #7 of 8 in a little over a week. We are getting through this!
On April 1 I met with my surgeon again. We have a ballpark goal for surgery (in case you're wondering, bilateral mastectomy) between May 29 and June 5. She does not believe COVID will prevent this, as it is a life saving procedure. I am so excited! From the moment the ER doc said the words Breast Cancer to me I have wanted to have this surgery. The next step in this fight. I feel ready! My body will never be the same. But it wouldn't be anyway. Let's take them off! It's time! As soon as we nail down a date for sure I will let you know! I'm sure you are all just waiting, breathlessly for this information! 😀
Thank you to all who have called, texted, sent cards, sent a meal, dropped off food, gone to the dispensary for me (yes, someone did this before I found the CBD I now have. thats love!), mailed us masks. sent flowers and the million other ways that you all have reached out to support me and my peeps through this. It is truly making a difference for me! I cannot remember the statistic, but I do remember reading that a woman's prognosis for survival through breast cancer is much much higher if she has a strong community of support around her. In that case, I am going to live forever! You all are just amazing and I do not have words to express my gratitude! I am blessed to have you in my world and am so thankful!
My oncologist continues to be very optimistic, and my surgeon expressed her similar sentiments during our last visit. I'm so grateful for this team that I have. And I'm so thankful that I am where I need to be in this fight!
The CBD Product I found is nothing short of miraculous for me! If you deal with chronic pain, migraine pain or are healing from a procedure and are looking for an alternative to traditional pain relievers give them a try! Cannabinoid Refinery is the name of the company. Click the link to find the website. PLEASE do not try this without speaking to your doctor. I had full permission from mine to try any of this! I am NOT a health professional and don't even play one on TV! Be smart folks, but if you get the go ahead, please look them up, you'll be glad you did!
A friend sent me a passage of scripture Easter Sunday that I have read hundreds of times in my life. It is in Matthew 28. It is after Christ has risen and some of his beloved friends come across him. The scripture says that when they saw him they, "took hold of his feet and worshiped him." I had never noticed that part before...took hold of his feet. That is what I want to do. During this time where I could easily slip into terror, when the world is just going crazy and things are so unsure for everyone, I have just been pondering taking hold of his feet. Trying to spend more of my days in worship....because...well, what else am I doing? And why in the world would I want to be doing anything else?! Whether you are a believer or not, I encourage you to picture this. Especially if you are struggling during this time....picture this, find yourself at his feet. I think you'll find some peace! And that is my prayer for you, peace in the midst of this storm. Whatever this storm looks like for you. Peace!
Until next time, stay well and safe, search out peace. If you need help, reach out! I am here!
Many blessings to you and yours!
Took hold of His Feet 🦶 a grounding a strong foundation ❤️
ReplyDeleteThis message is uplifting! I am right there with you, having faith for the future. Faith in your doctors, your spirit and God.
ReplyDeleteYes sweetie,the holes in His feet are part of the reason you are healed. Wow, you are awesome. Love you so much!!
ReplyDelete